Try adding more peanuts to your diet. Check out these top-line facts on peanuts from The Peanut Institute:
- They have more protein per ounce (6.9 g/1 oz of dry roasted, salted peanuts) than any other nut, and are comparable to beans in their protein content (they are, after all, legumes).
- Peanuts contain healthy fats, fiber and carbohydrates.
- They are considered to be good to excellent sources of at least 8 nutrients.
- The components of peanuts are highly digestible.
- Peanuts are a water sustainable crop, using just 3.2 gallons to grow one ounce, vs 28.7 gallons to grow 1 ounce of almonds; 23.6 gallons to grow 1 ounce of pistachios; and 26.7 gallons to grow 1 ounce of walnuts.