Starting the day with protein and whole grains is the perfect combination for ensuring a healthy, energy-filled day. These mini frittatas can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge for up to two days. They are also a perfect quick afterschool snack for hungry kiddos.
This recipe can be easily customized to satisfy the variety of taste buds that maybe in your home. Use whatever vegetables your family enjoys or try adding meat options such as diced ham or turkey pepperoni.
Make a batch the night before for a quick, mess-free, and healthy morning.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line the individual cups of a muffin pan with parchment paper.
- In a large 10-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Saut’e the diced zucchini, onion and red and yellow bell peppers for about 5 minutes until slightly softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the saut’ed vegetables among the muffin cups.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the chopped chives.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables in the muffin pan. Stir the ingredients to combine. Sprinkle the tops with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the eggs are completely set.
- Serve warm or cold
- 1 organic zucchini, diced
- 1 small organic onion, diced
- 1 organic red bell pepper, diced
- 1 organic yellow bell pepper, diced
- 8-10 organic free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil